Field Service Technician Automation & Robotics (m/f/x)
RemoteUnited States, Pennsylvania, YorkROTZINGER Group Inc.
As a Field Service Technician Automation & Robotics you're responsible for the installation, maintaining, repairing, and training of ROTZINGER equipment and associated products at customer sites in the US. We aim to provide customers with excellent technical customer service and to ensure complete satisfaction.
You can expect a varied job in an agile small and medium-sized company that gives you the freedom to be creative and develop further.
- Provide field service installations, inspection/ maintenance, training and repairs
- Interact with Sales Managers / Project Managers on customer equipment needs
- Perform customer service site management for new equipment installations and existing machine install base projects
- Provide updates and modifications to machinery at customer sites and training customers on use and maintenance of equipment
- Train customers, internal technical personnel and sales support staff on proper operation, maintenance and safety rules of ROTZINGER equipment, specifically on electronic controls and robotics
- Will to travel within US on a regular basis up to 90% which makes proximity to a major airport necessary in order to serve a specific customer base
- 2+ years of vocational training in electromechanical systems
- An Electrical Engineering degree (e.g. Bachelor) is a plus
- 3+ years as a Field Service Engineer in the packaging, food or Pharma industry, meaning in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting electromechanical machinery
- Knowledge and experience with ladder logic as well as other machine control systems, software and hardware is preferred (Allen Bradley, Rexroth, Beckoff,)
- Ability to support various software control platforms for complete packaging lines and experience with line integration and ability to discuss proper line balancing with customers
- Proficiency in robotic vision systems, software and hardware configurations and production parameter setup
- 2+ years of experience working with Adobe and Microsoft Office tools, such as Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong oral and written skills and ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders from production to management including ability to train customers